Sunday, September 23, 2012

Almond Curried Chicken

See what happens when you stay home all day without sleeping? You think about food! Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it), I don't have snacks so I couldn't past the time munching and watching tv. So I think about ways to create food said food. But again, my refrigerator looks like it went on strike...its empty or rather has the bare minimum to get me through the week (water, lettuce, green beans, those onions I spoke about earlier and eggs), so there went that plan.

BUT....I did get to thinking about dinner and somehow became fixated on curried chicken. Of course I've never made curried chicken and it come out cool or tasty so I decided to do a little research to see if I could find one SIMPLE enough for me. I did see a few but for what I had in my fridge, would not cut it. So once again, I winged it! And let me tell you, it came out better than I expected and totally deeeeee-lish!!! The curry sauce/liquid is so tasty you absolutely need something on your plate to soak it up. If you don't have any such thing, you can do like me and lick the plate! lolol! *licking the plate in front of guests is not suggested, they will certainly think you uncouth and without etiquette!



Ingredients:
1 1/4lb chicken breast cut into 1/2-1" pieces
salt & pepper
2 tbsp evoo
1 medium red or yellow onion cut into same size pieces as chicken
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp curry paste (1.5 tbsp curry powder mixed with 1/4 tsp evoo)
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4tsp cornstarch mixed in water (optional)

Directions:
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet, add 1 tbsp evoo and saute chicken until opague. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add the other tbsp of evoo and saute onions until barely tender.
3. Add ginger, cumin, almond milk and curry paste and bring to a simmer.
4. Add mixed out cornstarch to the sauce just before adding and combining chicken. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
5. Remove and serve on top of a bed of stir fry or sautéed green beans or broccoli & cauliflower rice.

Enjoy!!!!

Almond Curried Chicken on Green Beans


No comments:

Post a Comment